We all know that Apple Inc. has released the iMessage application which works just like BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and WhatsApp. Even though iMessage is pretty easy to configure, I still see people who are not able to get it working correctly. Therefore, here's the guide for the easy implementation of your iMessage on your iPhone.
1. Data plan
2. Working iPhone (duh!)
3. An Apple account
How to check if iMessage has been activated on your device
*by default, this service is activated immediately after you activate your phone
- Open Settings and followed by Messages.
- Search for the tab iMessage (should be the top most).
- If it is On, then iMessage has been activated.
- Open Settings tab
- Select Messages in the sidebar on the left
- Toggle for iMessage to be turned On
- Toggle Send Read Receipt to On if you would like to receive notification that the message has been read
- A pop up will ask you to verify or login to your Apple account to get the iMessage working. If you don't have one, this is the time you would need to register for it.
- The first time registration would take some time and thus, do not panic if the activation takes more than 1 minute (should not be more than 5 minutes on 3G connection)
Help! My iMessage is stucked at the activation screen for more than 5 minutes. What should I do?
Here are 4 things you could do when comes to this scenario:
- Turn iMessage off, reboot device and then turn it on again.
- Turn Airplane mode on and after 1 minute, turn it back off. Now, turn iMessage off and wait for another minute before turning it back on again.
- Assuming you are on Cellular Data, connect to WiFi first and then turn your device off. Once rebooted, turn iMessage off and then turn it on back after a few minutes.
- Lastly, it could easily be caused by the Apple's server as it could be overwhelmed or experience outrages just like all of us :)
My friend has an iPhone but I am not able to send him iMessage. What is wrong?
Assuming that he had installed iMessage correctly, you would need to update his contact with the country code in front.
Could I send iMessage to a contact without the country code in the number?
No, you can't.
Is iMessage free for use?
Oh yes! It is free but it would need Internet connection.
Congratulation! Now, you are able to send short messages (SMS) and even MMS to other friends who has iMessage installed on their devices.
Check out this interesting article I want to share with all of you:
Is It Normal For iPhone And Android To Feel Warm?
Looking for some mega discount for your new and upcoming iDevice (and even present for your love ones)? You can get it all only at Amazon Stores!