This could probably be one of the most common question especially for those who newly owned an iPhone: "How do I reset my iPhone correctly?" When I first got my iPhone, I was also mesmerized by the number of guides out there which offers a huge variety of approach when it comes to reset an iPhone. Because of that, I experienced first hand how tiring it is to find a great guide for fellow iPhone users like me and thus, I decided to write a short and simple error proof guide in ways you can reset your iPhone.
|Finding the best way to reset your iPhone?|
The differences between the few reset options
1. Hard reset
Hard reset is quite commonly used especially especially when you are having signal issue, not receiving an incoming email or push notifications and many more. This is what I consider one of the most common resets available for us all. Still don't understand? Consider this as a 'refresh' button on your browser.
How to hard reset iPhone?
- Hold both power and home button together and do not release them even after the screen go black
- You can only release it when you start seeing the Apple logo pops up
- Wait for about 30 seconds to 2 minutes and your phone will be fully rebooted and hard reset-ed
This is another reset option you can choose from. This is not a full wipe but when you select this, all your saved setting on iPhone will be erased. To further explain this, this reset do not wipe your data but it will just clear all your settings, saved passwords etc. Hate your current settings? This is the right reset option for you!
How do you reset all your settings on iPhone?
- Always remember to backup your iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
- Reconfirm it again when the notification pops up and wait for the phone to reboot itself
|Are you sure you want to reset? Always backup first!|
3. Erase All Content and Settings
I can bet with you that this is one of the least used reset for most users. What does Reset All Settings does? Simple! A full wipe. Imagine reset everything on your iPhone back to the original setting.
How do I reset all settings on iPhone?
- Always backup. Backup, backup, backup as there is no return after confirming reset!
- You can backup either via iTunes or through iCloud
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Content and Settings
- Once you selected it, you will be asked to reconfirm the action and if you are sure to completely wipe your iPhone, confirm it and wait for it to reboot itself
Do you feel you need to reset your network settings as your are having issue with signal? This is the best option for you if that is the case and yes, this only reset all your network settings. This means that all your saved passwords for WiFi, bluetooth etc will be wiped with this option.
How do I reset my iPhone network settings?
- Always backup your iPhone data
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Give it about 1 minute and the phone will be fully be booted up
5. Restore (via iTunes)
Wait! Do you know that you can do a full wipe using iTunes as well? Using iTunes, you can select Restore and this will wipe everything on your iPhone completely. This 'restore' will reset everything and works exactly like a full wipe. If you ask me to my preferred wiping method, this is definitely my favorite reset method.
So, how do I reset my iPhone using iTunes?
- Always backup your iPhone either using iTunes or iCloud
- Using iTunes application on your Mac or Windows, select Restore
- Wait for the iPhone to reboot itself and restore if needed
Genuine vs Imitation Smartphone Products - Which do you choose?
Looking for the best deal on iPhone online? Try check out Amazon Online Store here!