Vapor pro Royal Purple - Limited Edition
It really took sometime for me to decide if I really want to buy an OEM or genuine casing from Element Case. As we all know, Element Case is one of the most talked about product of all time and the design is superb. However, all these come with a huge price tag with it. So, I asked myself if I would really want to spend more than RM 400 just for an iPhone case. I think the answer is pretty simple.

I checked around and I came across this site called as Cases Will. This site is pretty cool sinde everything here are very cheap. Even better, the cases sold are way cheaper than most of the Element Case providers here in Malaysia. I was really tempted to buy it since I could easily get one Vapor Pro for just below RM 80. What a bargain right?!


Okay, so I purchased my first case, Vapor Pro Royal Purple from Cases Will and I am pretty sure you are not able to find it on Vapor official site now. The last time I checked, it was sold for a 'limited time' only. Okay, so here's the full review of it plus juice photos for you!

I placed my order and paid using PayPal on 16th April 2012. I am just being choosy and did not want to spend more dime on the express courier. So, I sticked to China/Hong Kong Express Parcel service which was free. It is said to take about 14 to 21 working days to reach Malaysia.

After 2 weeks, I was shocked as I did not receive my parcel yet. Of course, I checked the tracking code provided and it is all written in Mandarin and the last was said 'Send out from China' and the path went cold. I was not afraid it was lost but rather, I do not want the parcel to stucked at Malaysian Custom at Shah Alam!

I received a notification from Pos Laju on 2nd May 2012 that I have a parcel to be collected as there was no one at home to collect on behalf of me. Now, let's head over to some pictures shall we?




Complete review of Vapor Pro Royal Purple by Element Case (OEM version)

1. Design of the OEM version (score 9/10)
Very well made. That is what I can say! Well, it does look 'around the same' with the original one except for the black colour finishing on the side.The OEM version from Cases Will is matte type while the original one has glossy finish.

2. Does the size match? (score 7/10)
When it comes to matching the iPhone size, I would give a 7 out of a possible 10. Yes I am very choosy and thus, it is hard to achieve my expectation. After tightening the screws, the case seems to be a little bigger than the phone. Well, there is no shaky part at all but you are able to see some silver lining of the iPhone close to the edge. Refer photo for more details.

3. Effect on signal (score 8.5/10)
I tried both WiFi and mobile data and the signal for the phone is still good. I don't see much effect with this so-called 'high quality' metal on my phone. However, there are some time where WiFi connection drops suddenly when I am on idle. Pretty Impressive if you would asked me.

4. Touch and feel of OEM Vapor Pro (score 9/10)
I would say the finishing is great and it feels great. This is my first metal casing and thus, it does felt a little weird holding it. However, it will not be fair for me to mark down this Vapor series just because of my 'lack of experience'. The edges are very smooth and no edgy feeling felt throughout the phone and corners. Again, another huge surprise by a product made from China.

5. OEM vs Genuine Vapor Pro (score 9/10)
Honestly, I would say if I place both the OEM and genuine one side by side, I would have a hard time deciding which is the real one. In fact, this OEM version of Vapor Pro made by Cases Will is very good and honestly, I highly recommend them all to anyone who is interested to buy an affordable but high quality Vapor casing.

Grand Total Score: 42.5 out of a possible 50 points

Summary
So, what do you think? For me, the case is definitely a great choice especially when you are in need of a high quality case with an affordable price. Highly recommended for all and yes, I am loving it every moment now.

If you are interested, you can check out the website here: CasesWill.com